Welcome

I'm Jessica, wife, mom and photographer. This is my personal blog where I'll talk about my life, my children, photography, and my upcoming journey of being a surrogate mother. I'm a little scatterbrained when it comes to writing so hopefully I wont confuse everyone who's reading!

*Images in blog header by Alicja Burnette Photography*

Want to see what I've been up to with my photography business? Click here to see: www.CadenaPhotography.com

Favorite Photo of the Week

Favorite Photo of the Week
Grandpa Paul's sweet tea. No one makes it quite like he does. One of the many reasons I look forward to Sunday dinners at my grandparents house<3

Friday, November 5, 2010

Isn't that cute! Ice Cream Sandwiches & Surrogacy

   Today we went to the grocery store to pick up whatever supplies we didn't have so we could make chicken enchiladas. Bradley and Abigail wanted to buy ice cream sandwiches. Which happen to be my very favorite ice cream treats, so we bought them.

   Kids are in bed, hubby is working, and I'm hungry. Ice cream sandwich it is! I open up the box, and this is what I find! (Sorry, picture quality sucks, David has the camera, and all I have is my phone!)


   That thing was a 2x2 inch square! Really? That seems like a waste of wrapper to me :P




   Anyhow, I thought I should take the time to answer the two questions I'm asked on nearly a daily basis. Normally, I don't bring up the surrogacy. The only people who know are family members, close friends, and my online mommies I've grown to love over the last 5 years. I don't think it's something I want to have to explain to complete strangers, when frankly, it's non of their business anyway, right?! Most people who are reading this blog, know me in some way shape or form, or because they're interested in one of the many things I love!

   I have no problem talking about surrogacy, as long as *C and *G's privacy is respected. On to the Q&A!

Q1: Why are you doing this?

A: Hmm, I don't really know how to explain my "why". The only thing I can say is because I am a mother, I know the love that comes from parenthood. I know that my love for my children is always there, and their love for me is always there. No matter how much we make each other crazy and want to pull our hair out, the love shared between a child and a parent is like no other. Becoming a mom changed my life in every way. There is almost nothing the same as it was before. I see life through different eyes, through different fears, through a new kind of excitement. Before, life was just about me. Now, life is about my babies, my husband, and what we are doing to live our lives to the fullest. If you are a parent, you know exactly what I'm talking about. There's nothing more amazing! I want to share and help someone else have the same thing.

   I'm doing it because I have a body, that works, and has carried two beautiful babies through two healthy pregnancies. I'm able. Plain and simple. I've wanted to help someone with surrogacy for many years, before I was old enough to start my own family. Now that I have my children and I know for sure that we don't want anymore, I feel that this is the perfect time for me. I'm young, I'm healthy, and I'm able.

Q2: Aren't you scared you will have a hard time giving up the baby?

A: No, not at all. That's actually the least of my worries. If you think about it technically, biologically, the baby will be a part of me. But, I've been preparing myself mentally and emotionally for this. I know in my heart and mind that I'm helping a wonderful couple start a family that they wouldn't otherwise be able to do on their own. I don't feel like I'm doing something miraculous. I feel like I'm just a small piece of the big picture. I think that if I weren't able to talk with *C and *G and build a bond with them, it would be a little more difficult. I'm lucky that they are who they are, and I love that we were able to match with a couple that we are growing close with. I feel blessed!

   It's all happening so quickly too, it's hard to believe that by this time next year, they could be holding their sweet baby girl or boy, or twins in their arms! TWINS! That's something we've been talking a lot about too! Holy crap! I was HUGE by the end of both of my pregnancies. I delivered both kids weighing in at 215, my biggo belly was down to my knees! I wonder what it would be like with twins? That brings up the one thing I AM scared about. A cesarean. I've never had one, I've never had any kind of surgery. The thought of being cut open does scare me. I know that millions of women have had one or many, and I know that I'm in good hands with my Dr. Just the thought scares me!

   If you have questions or you want to know something, I would love to answer! It helps me a great deal having so many support me through this!

   FYI, I ended up eating two of those ice cream sandwiches. They were tasty, and I don't feel guilty :P Besides, I think two of those things aren't even close to the size of a "normal" ice cream sandwich. YUM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment