Welcome

I'm Jessica, wife, mom and photographer. This is my personal blog where I'll talk about my life, my children, photography, and my upcoming journey of being a surrogate mother. I'm a little scatterbrained when it comes to writing so hopefully I wont confuse everyone who's reading!

*Images in blog header by Alicja Burnette Photography*

Want to see what I've been up to with my photography business? Click here to see: www.CadenaPhotography.com

Favorite Photo of the Week

Favorite Photo of the Week
Grandpa Paul's sweet tea. No one makes it quite like he does. One of the many reasons I look forward to Sunday dinners at my grandparents house<3

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Never...

wake a sleeping baby.

For about a month, I think just after we came back from Disneyland, Abigail broke out with this insane new sleeping schedule. Wake up at noon, go to sleep at 8pm, wake up at midnight, go to sleep at 5am. I called it midnight madness. I'm hoping with all of my hoping abilities, that's she's finally back to a normal schedule. 

I.was.exhausted. 

And now I'm stuck with a funky sleep schedule! She's doing the normal 9pm bed time, 9am wake up (no naps, I'm scared of naps right now!) so that's amazing! The night before last she fell asleep in my bed. Even though she's no longer a baby, I still didn't want to wake her and move her to her bed in fear that she would wake up and the midnight madness would start all over again!


Maybe it was a random growth spurt. My kids seem to lose their appetite and sleep weird schedules when they're growing. It could very well explain her going from a 3T in the winter, to having to buy her 5T's for Spring/Summer! 

Speaking of spring, we're actually having a real spring this year! Usually by mid March or April, it's full on hot, 90+. It's been absolutely beautiful here lately. My dream weather! Which means lots of outdoor playtime for the kids to wiggle out all of their pent up winter energy. 

•••

Today I thought I attempt to get some photos of our big dog, Cee Cee. I'm always chasing the cats to get their big round eyes, love them<3 But I'm never able to keep up with the mutts to get something good. Or... I just suck at pet photography! Haha!



Lesson for today? Don't hold the dog treat over the camera. Dogs are not afraid to eat cameras. Almost had a big hairy wet dog nose smear my lens *panic*!

1 comments:

allison said...

I totally agree that it is never smart to wake a sleeping baby (or small child)! I love that sweet image of her sleeping!

Post a Comment