This one was easy. I've been given many things, but the ones that I cherish the most are the ones that were well thought of and have sentimental meaning.
In January of 2006, my Grandma Dottie passed away. She was one of the most classy, elegant, most amazing women I have ever known. I'm proud to say that I am her Granddaughter <3 I miss her like crazy. In her last days, I was pregnant with Bradley, my first child. I was 7 1/2 months pregnant when she needed medical care and when I would visit her, no matter how out of it she may have seemed, she ALWAYS asked how the baby was doing. She knew she wasn't going to be around much longer, but she wanted and fought so hard to meet him before she passed. Unfortunately, I attended her viewing and celebration of life, still pregnant. 2 months before Bradley was born, she passed away. It was hard, but I know now that she's not hurting and she's watching over both of my babies with my Grandpa Larry, and Uncle Larry.
This Angel statue was given to me from my Dad and Mom after my Grandma passed away. We both collected angels and even though this is probably a garden fairy, it's my angel! It means a lot to me because it is one of a few physical items I have to hold on to, to remember what an amazing woman she was. Sadly, this angel has had a hard life in my house! She's had to have re-constructive surgery about 3 times. It's been knocked over by the little ones on several occasions and her head has fallen off more times than I can count! For this reason, she stays put away in a safe spot until the kids are old enough to not knock everything in this house over, haha! That may be another 20 years from now!!
![]() |
| Grandma Dottie |









0 comments:
Post a Comment