Welcome

I'm Jessica, wife, mom and photographer. This is my personal blog where I'll talk about my life, my children, photography, and my upcoming journey of being a surrogate mother. I'm a little scatterbrained when it comes to writing so hopefully I wont confuse everyone who's reading!

*Images in blog header by Alicja Burnette Photography*

Want to see what I've been up to with my photography business? Click here to see: www.CadenaPhotography.com

Favorite Photo of the Week

Favorite Photo of the Week
Grandpa Paul's sweet tea. No one makes it quite like he does. One of the many reasons I look forward to Sunday dinners at my grandparents house<3

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I don't think I've laughed and cried so hard at the same time....ever!

Sometimes, when it's really quiet and I get the chance to read without interruptions, I like to read other blogs. Mostly about photography, surrogacy, cooking. Sometimes a mix of all the above!

I followed a link to one that I haven't seen before. But the name of who it belonged to automatically called me in. Gary Fong. If you've never heard the name, he's a very successful photographer, writer and photography accessory creator. I have one of his diffusers for my camera around here somewhere...


Anyhow, the blog I was reading tonight was the story and updates of Melissa and Gary's journey through infertility. It's moving. They both have amazing personalities and it shines through, but what I watched tonight.... ugh.... I had to share. My heart is overjoyed with happiness for them (and I don't even know them! Haha!). I don't know any of the heartaches and disappointments that come with struggling with infertility. I can only imagine what it is like. It's something that I wish deserving families didn't have to struggle with everyday. 

It's when those struggles turn into something absolutely amazing afterwards. In the end, it's worth all the bad times, the good, the tears, the joys, the doctor visits, the failed attempts of pregnancy. Everything. This confirms it :) Click on the link below and watch the video on their blog:


P.S. He's very expressive with his emotions, you may want to turn your volume down ;)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I have to agree completely! I LOVED watching that! It is sooo heartwarming to see a couple THAT excited! I too wish couples didnt have to face this and other obstacles in having children who will be soooo loved! I know it was hard on me to see others who didnt want kids having them easily and full term. I also wanted to say I loved reading your blog and looking at your pictures. They are truly beautiful and show a lot of love! (Im from CM, and I dont see a place to leave my link so I will put it here KatieAndMarty.com)

Wendy said...

What a great video! I can totally relate. My husband and I went through fertility treatments. I remember the 5am trips to the MD- driving slowly with the little swimmers in my jacket. I remember the shots, sonograms bloodwork etc... I hated it. But mostly the disappointment when none of it worked. Somehow though I was blessed three times naturally- can you believe it? I wish fertility treatments, surrogacy and adoption were more affordable so everyone can share the joy of parenthood.

Post a Comment