Disneyland was something David I had planned for years! We waited and waited until we felt the kids were old enough to not be completely exhausted by the place, and truly enjoy it's magical experience. So, for Bradley's 5th birthday, we went. March is a very busy month for us every year. It's starts with David's birthday, then it's mine, and the day after mine is Bradley's! We also celebrate our wedding anniversary on the 17th and a few other family member's birthdays as well. It's ALWAYS crazy this month!
So, after our 4 hour drive to Anaheim, the kids were restless and we were all very hungry. We checked into our hotel room, unloaded our bags, put everything away, and left for dinner. After dinner (at yummy California Pizza kitchen, mmm) we stopped at The Cheesecake Factory for my favorite vanilla bean cheesecake. We all got our own since everyone was celebrating a birthday (David, me, Bradley, and my mom, who's birthday is tomorrow!) and headed back to the room. I'm pretty sure that cheesecake is made of nothing but the finest, sweetest sugar because after bath and settling down, this is what happened to the kids:
12:05a.m.
As you can see, they were VERY much full of energy.

Just so you know how funny this picture is, we booked a family room. Two queen beds, for the adults, and bunk beds for the kids. The bunk beds went unused and the babies slept with Gran Gran :)
We planned to get up at 7am, make breakfast, and be on our way to Disneyland.
.......
We woke up at 9am.
It's OK though, we needed the sleep after that first night! On the bus to Disneyland!

We're HERE!
Waiting nervously for the Submarine ride
We rode a few rides, ate lunch, walked around... and by mid afternoon we were exhausted. So with some pouting we decided to go back to the room for a nap. As you can see, Abigail wasn't happy. But then it happened...
Abigail met a REAL princess! We were walking passed the castle to be on our way to the hotel, and out walked Snow White. We all turned to look at Abby, and she stood still in complete shock! Her eyes were huge and Snow White walked right to her, gave her a big hug<3 Abby said, "You're... you're...Snow... SNOW WHITE!" Snow White said "Why yes I am, and what is your name?" I can't imagine Abigail replying anything other than she did. "I princess!" I'm probably the biggest nerd ever but I cried. My princess girl met her first princess!
We went back to the room, rested and went back to Disneyland for the fireworks, and more fun.
Credit due where it belongs! I'm a proud wife<3 David took over the duty of taking pictures during the firework show. Abigail was throwing a massive fit because she was scared. I know I wouldn't have been able to capture these! He did such a great job. He's a million times better at night time photography than I am! Love you David!
On our last day, we slept in again. This time on purpose because we knew we wouldn't have a room to come back to if we needed a break in between.
Mickey Mouse! Why were the adults more excited than the kids?! Pfft, they have no idea how awesome Mickey is!
On our way to the Haunted Mansion and The Pirates of the Caribbean!
Waiting in line for the Pirates of Caribbean! I think there's some kind of rule for kids, if mom has holes in her pants, one must poke your hands through and see how it works.
Mouse ears! The one thing I wanted for the kids as a souvenir of our trip! Princess ears for Abby, and very mixed up Goofy/Cars/Mater ears for Bradley! We also got a bubble gun, which was very distracting. They ran right into strangers trying to catch them, tripping over themselves. Ugh. Thankfully it ran out of bubbles FAST!
We stayed just before the fireworks started that night. Exhausted, ready to be home and snuggled up in our beds. It was a lot of fun, perfect ages for both of them. I'm glad we waited until they were old enough to really enjoy it!
Since I'm almost always the one behind the camera, there are hardly any photos of me. I did take a few with my phone of the goof ball husband and me!
As you can see, we didn't get a wagon or stroller like we intended. It seemed to be a bigger hassle than we needed. The kids did great though, no "I'm tired of walking" or anything.
My lesson from this trip? Even if you pack 5 extra outfits for your daughter, if they're not all princess outfits, she will want to wear the 1 princess shirt she DOES have, the entire time. It's not worth the argument. Haha! She wore that shirt both days. Must invest in more princess attire!
I'm pretty sure I broke records for number of photos posted on one blog post too. Whew!





























0 comments:
Post a Comment